1. Read escape puzzles
- Read Escape Puzzles (See Day 2 Resources). Can you work out solutions to any of them? Show them to someone else. Can they work them out?
- Have a proper go at a couple of them.
- Check Solutions (See Day 2 Resources) on the second page. Which do you think is cleverest?
- Learn your favourite off-by-heart and try it out on other people.
Well done. You could try playing this online Harry Potter escape-puzzle game.
2. Imagine some escapes
- Watch Anthony Horowitz talking about the top five escapes for Alex Rider (the character he writes about).
- Complete Alex Escapes (See Day 2 Resources)with your ideas.
- Read Alex Rider Extract (See Day 2 Resources). Underline all the challenges that Alex faces as he tries to escape the prison.
3. Write about an escape
- Look closely at the Alcatraz diagram (See Day 2 Resources). Visit Google Earth to explore this real-life island prison in more detail.
Write your plan as a story
- Imagine you were locked up in Alcatraz and you were innocent! You have to get out. Plan your escape from Alcatraz, using Escape Planner (See Day 2 Resources).